Instagram

Hello!

Hello!
My name is Jessica.
I am a momma, wife, teacher, queen of the Diet Coke, Jesus loving new to blogging gal.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Ringing the Bell in Right

Managing the first five to ten minutes of class is a critical to the success of the entire period. Most teachers find themselves in a balancing act of attendance, catching students up, and transitioning from the last period. I've found that if students are not given a task while the above mentioned is handled, students tend to get off and stay off task for the remainder of the period. Therefore, I require daily Bell-work or Bell Ringers.
Students know that as soon as they enter the classroom they are required to complete the task on the board and that they will be held accountable.
I use the following log for students to complete Bell-work in.
Students are asked to place the handout in their notebooks or binders. If you use interactive notebooks you can have students glue it in.
I have eight spots for students to respond to Bell-work. 
Students include the date and response. I fill in the checked box with either a stamp, sticker, or check mark.
I collect the Bell-work bi-weekly. Each day is worth 25 points.
There are only four days per week provided, on Fridays, I have students participate in D.E,A.R. while I do a Bell-work check for the week. 
The log above helps cut down on the paper load and makes accountability easier to keep track of. 
What are different things you use to open your class?


No comments:

Post a Comment