Instagram

Hello!

Hello!
My name is Jessica.
I am a momma, wife, teacher, queen of the Diet Coke, Jesus loving new to blogging gal.

Friday, August 14, 2015

Classroom Link-UP with Mr. C and the Classroom Preview

One of the best things of a new school year is getting to start fresh in the classroom. I love shopping for new school supplies and I love creating things to go in my classroom. So I was excited when Mr. C over at Classroomtopia had the link up of showing off our room.
One of things I couldn't wait to add to my room were the lanterns I kept seeing. The best part of the lanterns in my room are the fact they are recycled from my wedding. Granted hanging them was a challenge thanks to the extra tall ceilings and I had to compromise on a "low" corner by my door.
This year I decided to create a board dedicated to our weekly vocabulary and not let it get cluttered with announcements or motivational posters. I love the pocket folder. It makes it easy to switch words in and out.
I've had the letters on top of board for over 5 years now. The tassels were made last year with my Advisory class as a fun project.
My reading corner may be my favorite part of the room. Even in a secondary classroom I love to sort books by genre and have a cozy place for students to kick up and relax. 
My student work station is new this year. I've always have been blessed with a student computer but have struggled getting students to use it. This year I am going to have students who were absent utilize this area to look up and get make-up work. It will also allow students to watch videos from the prior days lesson. I cannot wait to see how this area pans out.
I love interactive notebooks and creative activities. Last year I really struggled with keeping supplies from leaving my room after each class period. This year I created caddies for each group to help with accountability.
This is my view from my desk. I cannot wait to get behind here and start planning the lessons for the year.
What is your favorite part of your room?

2 comments:

  1. It looks AWESOME!!! I love the lanterns and the fact that they are from you wedding! What a nice way to bring back some sweet memories everyday in your "home away from home." The caddies are a great idea too!!
    I'm SO sorry that it took me a few days to make the FF post. I had a family emergency where I had to take a road trip out of town for a few days. (all is well now, thank goodness) But it definitely put me behind in a lot of things. You were the only person who participated this week, so I wanted to thank you personally for participating :) Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comments! I love reusing things and I love thrifty finds. Sorry I am just getting back to you. I'm sorry to hear about your family. Sending thoughts and prayers the situation is better. I'll need to head over to your blog and check out your room!

      Delete